I’m back from vacation and we have a full week of posts to get to (they’ve been stacking up in my mailbox while I’ve been on the road). Let’s start the week with EVAW‘s Forensic Compliance Self-Assessment (DOC). They’ve made this tool available on their website, and if you’re interested in looking at your own program’s compliance, this is a great place to start.
The assessment tool looks at issues such as:
- Forensic examinations conducted without a report to law enforcement
- Mandated reporting requirements
- Information provided to victims regarding their reporting options
- Procedures for documentation, records storage, and case tracking
- Evidence processing, destruction, and victim notification
- Anonymous reporting procedures
If you haven’t checked out their Forensic Compliance TA site, it’s worth a perusal. Their resource page alone is worth the trip.
Copyright © 2010 - All Rights Reserved