The National Women’s Law Center is hosting a webinar Thursday, March 22nd from 3:30-4:30 ET– Spotlight on Bullying and Harassment: The Law and One School’s Response. I’m particularly interested in the content as the parent of a pre-teen, and not just as a clinician.
From the site:
You are not alone. Join the National Women’s Law Center for a free webinar to learn about how schools can and should respond to bullying and harassment. This webinar for school administrators, teachers, parents and advocates will include important information on the following:
• Schools’ Title IX obligations to respond to bullying and harassment, including cyberbullying, and emerging law on balancing students’ free speech rights with those obligations. Devi Rao from the National Women’s Law Center will discuss these and other commonly asked questions about the law and bullying & harassment.
• Find out how Passage Middle School in Newport News, Virginia worked with the Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities to implement “One Book, One School”, an intense anti-bullying initiative. Janelle Spritz from Passage Middle School and Ali Thompson from the Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities will discuss this initiative and explain their impressive results.
• Opportunity to ask questions.
- Melanie Ross Levin, Senior Outreach Manager, National Women’s Law Center
- Janelle Spitz, Principal, Passage Middle School
- Ali Thompson, Director of Education & Training, Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities
-Devi Rao, Skadden Fellow for Educational and Employment, National Women’s Law Center
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.