October 24, 2012 | Leave a Comment
PreventConnect has a webinar coming up, Depictions of Children in Media and Pornography: Implications for Prevention. It will be held November 14th from 2-3:30pm ET. If you’re planning on attending, my recommendation is that you register ASAP, as their offerings usually fill quickly. Click through for info about the session and the presenters (including one of my favorites)…
From the site:
Over the past few decades, the portrayal of children in the media has changed dramatically. This webinar will provide a clear overview of these media changes and focus on how children have been portrayed in pornography. The webinar will also address the impact of these media changes on our children and their development. These changes also deeply affect our ability to prevent and to end child sexual abuse. Participants will hear relevant research, practical applications of this research and promising preventive actions.
Host: Joan Tobachnick
- Dr. Sharon Cooper, Forensic & Developmental Pediatrician, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Cordelia Anderson, President, Sensibilities Prevention Services
- Define the role of media and pornography
- Outline how media and pornography affect children and the environment
- Increase understanding of how this impacts ECSA
- Identify 2 ways you can integrate this information into your work
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.