PESI Healthcare is offering a 1 hour webinar, Thursday, February 12th from 4:30-5:30 ET on Workplace Violence: Recognition and Response to Violence in Healthcare. Cost is $129 for unlimited participants at a single site plus $15/person to receive 1 nursing CE for the course (after completion of the post-test/evaluation).
• Compare and contrast the definition of workplace violence according to the National Institute of Safety and Occupational Health (NIOSH), American Nurses Association and Workplace Violence Institute.
• State the impact of workplace violence and disruptive behaviors on patient care, medical errors, staff retention, and staff absences.
• Discuss techniques to de-escalate acting out and violent behavior.
• Relate the significance of staff de-briefing post-incident.
• Explain how to report and document incidents.
Click here to register.