PESI is hosting a webinar on compassion fatigue prevention and resiliency, Friday, March 13th from 2-3:30pm ET. Cost is $59, but that fee allows an unlimited number of participants at any one site. Participants will receive 1.5 CEUs per site (additional CEs are $39 each). CEs also available for psychologists and social workers. You can see the outline for the presentation here.
The site states that program highlights include:
• Evidence-based resiliency training for caregiving professionals
• Compassion fatigue, secondary traumatic stress, vicarious traumatization, countertransference, burnout, caregiver stress & What you need to know
• Why self-care isn’t enough – the secrets of compassion resiliency
• At the close of this telephone seminar you will know how to be stress-free forever…Guaranteed!
• Become significantly more effective in your work by integrating the simple components of this training
• Learn the 5 critical elements of professional resiliency
• Learn compassion resiliency skills drawn from the Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue – the only empirically-validated treatment for symptoms of compassion fatigue
• Learn the skills to sustain your longevity as a professional caregiver
• Powerful tools to immediately integrate into your practice
I admit I’m a tad skeptical about point #4…if you take this will you let us know in the comments if it was valuable? I have to admit, I’m not always impressed by PESI, so feedback is appreciated.
UPDATE: You can purchase a podcast of the session here.