One of my favorite people, Elise Turner, will be presenting this month’s session for the Tribal Forensic Healthcare project: The Pregnant Sexual Assault Patient. The webinar will be held February 25th from 3-4:30pm ET. CEUs and CMEs are available. More details after the jump:
From the site:
Statement of need/Program overview:
SANE’s are uncertain of how to care for pregnant victims of sexual assault. It is the projected outcome that with the information provided by this presentation, pregnant victims of sexual assault will receive appropriate care with a team approach.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe the physical changes of pregnancy in relation to sexual assault.
- Discuss the risks of sexual assault for each trimester of pregnancy.
- Describe the adaptations in the medical/forensic care of the pregnant woman.
- Explain the unique impact of sexual assault on the pregnant woman and her family.
- List at least 4 additional resources for the medical/forensic care of the pregnant woman.