Welcome to the new, improved Forensic Healthcare Online! As we approach FHO’s 8th birthday, I thought it was time to spruce things up a bit. Here’s what you’ll find on the redesigned site:
- More focused content: FHO readers have their favorite areas and now it’s easier than ever to find what you’re looking for, whether it’s DV/IPV, sexual assault, child abuse, elder abuse or court testimony.
- More organization: the popular stuff leads, but nothing should be tough to find with clear categories and a pleasing lay out. All regular blog posts can now be found under Articles.
- More consistent clinical guides: on the old site, clinical guides were all over the map, design-wise, making it harder to find what you needed. Now all clinical guides have one format, for a streamlined look that’s easier to read.
- More responsiveness: check out how FHO looks on phones and tablets. Nice, right? Now you won’t miss out on content or functionality when you visit FHO on a mobile device.
- More content: coming soon to FHO—an online store with resources that take your practice to the next level, whether in the exam room or the courtroom. Peer-reviewed, available for download to computers or mobile devices, and regularly updated. All of the things you’ve come to expect from FHO, just more of it.
To celebrate the launch of the new FHO site, let’s give something away, shall we? Leave a comment with feedback about the new look, and on Friday, 28 October one reader’s comment will be chosen at random to win either a copy of the Forensic Nursing Core Curriculum or a $50 Amazon gift card. THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS ALL WHO ENTERED. I encourage you to take some time to really poke around the site—I’ll be fine-tuning as we identify issues in this next week, so by all means, let me know if you spot a problem. (I’ve spotted one of the 1st ones—the bulk of comments from the old site haven’t yet transferred to the new one).
Finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t take a moment to thank my spouse, Sasha Rutizer, JD, and my father, Alan Markowitz, MD, who have supported my work on this site since its inception. Both have been unwavering in their encouragement and provided terrific suggestions about next steps and ways to get there. And a special thank you to my merry crew (you know who you are) who have weighed in on logo choices and other design elements, cheered on the evolution of FHO and just generally make me a better clinician, educator and writer. I have had the great, good fortune to have wonderful collaborators, mentors and friends in my twenty plus years in this field.