The Michigan Public Health Training Center has an online CE offering, Youth Violence: It’s a Public Health Issue. 1.5 CEUs are available for their archived webcast, originally presented in Decomber ’08. It’s free of charge and lasts about 90 minutes.
- Describe how youth violence impacts several communities in Michigan
- Identify interventions that prevent youth violence
- Communicate research findings of the effectiveness of community-based youth violence prevention interventions
- Describe how youth violence prevention contributes to emergency preparedness efforts
- Explain how the transfer of youth to the adult court system impacts youth violence
- Compare the impacts of community-based, legal and other mechanisms for preventing youth violence
Evaluation and a quiz are required for CEs. Instructions for obtaining the CEs are listed at the bottom of the page.