Prevention Connection is hosting a webinar on the That’s Not Cool campaign and their new Campaign Tools site. “That’s Not Cool focuses on preventing controlling or abusive behavior occurring within the digital universe – online, via cellphone, etc. – and encourages teens to draw their own lines about what is, or is not, acceptable relationship behavior. Since the January 2009 campaign launch, That’s Not Cool has engaged hundreds of thousands of teens in teen dating abuse prevention, both online and on-the-ground.”
It will be held January 27th at 1:30pm Pacific (it’s also being offered at 11am Pacific, but that one’s full as of this posting). Registration is required and Prevention Connection‘s webinars ALWAYS fill up, so sooner is better than later (as of this post, 58 spots were still available). The good news for those of you want to attend but are too late is that they fully archive everything. So bookmark the page and return after the fact for access to the session and related materials.
- Catherine Pierce and Nadine Neufville, United States Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women
- Brian O’Connor, Sara Fewer, and Belinda Sirha, Family Violence Prevention Fund
- To understand digital dating abuse and strategies to engage teens in teen dating abuse prevention.
- To learn to use the tools of the That’s Not Cool campaign to raise awareness with teens about digital dating abuse and teen dating abuse.
- To learn to integrate the That’s Not Cool campaign tools into Teen Dating Violence Prevention Month activities and other prevention efforts.